Modern homes rely on electricity for virtually every aspect of daily life. When the power goes out during a storm, natural disaster, or power company issue, it creates serious disruptions to home life and business operations. Towers Electric provides high quality generators in Palm Desert and the Coachella Valley for residential and commercial customers.
If you are interested in exploring the options for a generator for your home or business, give us a call at (760) 279-1099.
Portable vs. Whole House Generators
When buying a generator for your home, the two basic options are portable generators and standby or whole house generators. A portable generator is fueled by either gas or diesel. When the power goes out, you need to plug in and start the generator to restore power. In addition, you need to continually refill the fuel, if the power stays off for any length of time. This can be inconvenient and there are health and environmental concerns due to the emissions and carbon monoxide that is generated.
A whole house standby generator offers benefits for:
- Convenience – When the power goes out, the transfer switch automatically switches the house to generator power. This means your generator will turn on even if you aren’t there.
- Comfort – Your heating and air conditioning equipment, home appliances, and other devices will continue to work when the power goes out.
- Safety – Portable generators create fumes and carbon monoxide buildup. This is not a problem with standby generators since they do not use gas or diesel to run.
- Cost savings – Generator power prevents the food in the refrigerator from spoiling and ensures that there is always power to run sump pumps and other essential equipment. This can prevent the cost of replacing food or repairing water damage.
- Environment – Because standby generators don’t burn gas, they create fewer emissions, which is beneficial for the environment.
These generators can power certain appliances or the whole house. It is important to choose the right generator for your home or business. We offer high quality generators in Palm Desert from the best brands, so we can evaluate your power needs and help you compare generators to find the right one for your electricity needs.
“I was very impressed. On time, price was same as quoted, job was installed properly, and they also were very neat.”
Honest ServiceWe abide by the price that we quote. Everyone is respectful.
Fast & Friendly ServiceWe make sure that all of our technicians are courteous, professional and clean.
No Job Too Big or Too SmallWe’re dedicated to customer service – so you get what you are looking for when you need it.
Installing a standby generator is a big job that requires the right knowledge and expertise about the placement of the generator and connecting the electrical components and fuel source. This work should only be handled by a qualified electrician to avoid property damage or serious injury. Our electricians have experience installing residential and commercial generators in Palm Desert.
Our electricians handle all aspects of your generator installation, including:
- Installing the generator
- Installing the transfer switch
- Connecting the electric wires from the generator to the transfer switch
- Connecting the generator to the fuel source
Our electricians will make sure your generator and transfer switch are installed according to the most current electrical codes and safety regulations to ensure safe and reliable performance. We test everything to make sure the system is working when the installation is complete.
Get started by calling (760) 279-1099 for a free estimate for a generator for your home or business.